Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform various clerical duties requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. These duties will be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address concerns.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
• Manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Count, weight, measure, or organize materials.
• Deliver messages and run errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Open, sort, route and answer correspondence.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Process and prepare documents.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties upon request.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology - Knowledge of filing systems, Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers, Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.