Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The purpose of this position is to perform payment runs, sort/prepare incoming invoices via mail and email for the Accounts Payable department, and scan invoices for daily processing.
• Process scheduled and off-cycle payment runs for paper checks, ACH, and wires and coordinate release by Treasury team.
• Perform daily upload of invoices into accounting system and address related questions. Invoices may include 3rd-party utility invoices.
• Process incoming AP mail by preparing for scanning and distributing items for other teams.
• Scan all Accounts Payable invoices for daily processing by AP team.
• Perform check status, stop payments, payment voids, and payment reissues.
• Research refund checks to determine GL coding and submit to GL team for deposit and booking.
• Support Accounts Payable department. May include vendor statement research.
• Document processes and update as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Associate Degree in accounting preferred
• 2 years Accounts Payable experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Have a basic knowledge of Accounting, specifically how debits/credits work in the Accounts Payable process
• Experience in a high volume AP environment
• Working knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable software preferred
• Must have knowledge of scanning machine and technology
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Accurate typing skills
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Acts with a flexible and team oriented approach
• Proactive in nature
• Must be organized and demonstrate a high sense of urgency
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.