Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Perform various routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
• Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
• Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
• Establish work procedures or schedules and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
• Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
• Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
• Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
• Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
• Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
• Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
• Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
• Order and dispense supplies.
• Prepare and mail checks.
• Provide services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
• Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
• Schedule and confirm appointments for customers, vendors or supervisors.
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or
• At least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
• Experienced with Warehouse Management System
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology:
• Desktop computers
• Data input scanners, Scanners
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Requires the use of a telephone, fax machine, computer terminal, calculator, and copy machine
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.