Under general supervision, the Shuttle Driver / Yard Jockey operate a shuttle truck or semi-truck to transport trailers to the appropriate location
• Operates semi-truck or shuttle truck.
• Transports loads observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
• Chocks rear wheels of truck or trailer before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away.
• Ensure all truck and trailer systems secure and in working order including seals, jacks and doors.
• Obtains necessary paperwork and maintains any related records required.
• Performs service duties such as checking on a daily basis oil, water, fuel, air in tires and truck seals. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to the supervisor and maintenance.
• Load and unload trucks and railcars. Move product onto pallet in correct position.
• Required to operate trailer/dock doors, remove/install safety devices.
• Move product safely using forklift, pallet jack or dock loader.
• Follow instructions for operating equipment.
• May be required to perform parking lot checks.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Report faulty equipment, damage to racks, and other safety hazards to supervisor.
• Inventory product as needed. Label, sort, wrap and tie product.
• Clear work area of loose wood and plastic. Sweep work area as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Valid Class A CDL.
• Good driving record.
• Must meet DOT physical and medical requirements.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology Required:
• May require forklift certification.
• Dollies operate trailer and dock doors and safety devices.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. The physical requirements are identified on the attached as Americold Job Analysis and Physician Report of Work Capacity. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.