Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under close supervision, assists in very basic level duties of general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas include electricity, plumbing, lift truck repair, refrigeration, ammonia, and carpentry.
• Assist in the repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Cleans, changes, and lubricates bearings, gears, and other machinery parts using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Assist in maintaining batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard.
• Assist in conducting test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Assist in keeping accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
• Experience in small engine repair or trade.
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology:
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades.
• Microsoft knowledge preferred.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or
• At least one year related work experience.
• Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude required.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Must be able to participate in RETA Training.
• Must participate in apprentice program for one year.
• Able to participate in HAZMAT responder training.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW