Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Reports directly to the VP, Facilities Maintenance & Energy, and is the servant leader to the Region with dotted line reporting relationship to the Regional Vice President of Operations. The Regional Facility Service Director (RFSD) works through significant influence to accomplish accountabilities.
Accountable to actively drive improved technical capability, facility services leadership development, asset performance, and influence maintenance and energy spend to targeted levels through leading the implementation of Maintenance Excellence, Refrigeration Operation and Maintenance Excellence, Material Handling Maintenance Excellence, and Energy Excellence program requirements and compliance for the designated division/region. Additionally the RFSD is the National Pillar Leader for a specific area of Americold Operating Systems (AOS) technical component.
Provide the following to facilities in area of responsibility:
1. Monitors relationship between facility management/supervision and FSM/Chief Engineer/Maintenance Department as a whole. Takes steps to insure the following:
• Facilities are properly maintained.
• Preventive Maintenance Programs are in place and up-to-date for Refrigeration systems, MHE, and Buildings.
• Maintenance Departments are run properly and quality workmanship is being turned out.
• Company procedures, policies, and safety rules are in place and being adhered to.
2. Capital and Operating Budgets are being administered properly. Accomplishes the above functions by the following:
• Performing regular “walk through” inspections on facilities and departments.
• Setting good examples in areas of work habits, follow-up, communication, people skills, management skills, and attitude.
• Participating in facility PSM and Energy Teams.
• Checking on work performed.
• Continually striving to improve the personnel, departments, and facility in all ways.
3. Although job duties call for a large amount of time to be devoted to items in the area of management, performing actual “hands on” tasks is still an important and necessary part of this job:
• Pitching in and helping the Maintenance staff during peak times or when departments are short-handed is a necessary role to perform.
• If planned correctly, the performance of these tasks should serve to accomplish training, competency evaluation of Maintenance personnel, and setting a good example.
4. Provide a high level of technical support.
5. Provide leadership and coaching in management skills.
6. Training in MHE, refrigeration, and building maintenance.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.