Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3 years’ maintenance experience
- Some formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or Raymond, preferred. Strong Work Experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Knowledge of general MHE practices.
- Strong communication skills
- Mathematical and documentation skills necessary
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
- Proficient in use of testing equipment
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
- Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to use hand and power tools
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.