Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions. Current opening for this position is located in Hatfield, PA.
Under general supervision works independently performing routine refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration systems. Will need to supervise contractors on occasion.
1. Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration system. Monitors system performance and determine when system is not operating correctly
2. Capable of replacing components within the refrigeration’s system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
3. Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
4. May be required to work in the areas of building maintenance and/or MHE maintenance at times.
5. Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment
6. Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
7. Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action. Individual should understand key troubleshooting techniques to determine Root Cause.
8. Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed
9. Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards
10. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
11. Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
12. Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
13. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
14. Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Must be able to use hand and power tools
Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
Able to work nights and weekends
Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.