Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Coordinates daily, general office activities of a department or small facility. Responsibilities may include assisting with: payroll, traffic, customer service, and accounting/budgeting functions. May have responsibility for coordinating Human Resources functions such as recruitment, training, discipline, labor management provisions, and development/communication of operational policies, programs, and procedures. May coordinate work through other employees
• Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
• Communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Maintain records pertaining to inventory, human resources, orders, supplies, and machine maintenance.
• Provide input to management concerning such issues as staffing decisions and procedural changes.
• Monitor inventory levels and requisition or purchase supplies as needed.
• Assist employees to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes. Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Coordinate the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Plan staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
• Recommend human resource actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Assist with resolving human resources problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• May assist in evaluating employee performance and preparing performance appraisals.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years experience
• 1+ year experience in coordinator/lead role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Perform work duties and assist others in their performance.
• Ability to lead employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to junior employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines
• Tools and Technology Required: Company Software, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Working environment is usually in an office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.