Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Working with the Production and Facilities Services Manager, the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will proactively plan plant maintenance activities on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis, utilizing computerized maintenance management systems and other tools for tracking maintenance work.
The position is a member of the local SAP PM functional upgrade team and is responsible for working with end users to implement best practice processes, as well as continuously improve the processes in these functional areas. The role serves as a back up to the Facilities Services Manager and coordinates predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance practices for all facility equipment.
Plan and Schedule maintenance activity using CMMS.
Assist with solving and correcting maintenance related production issues.
Assist Facilities Services Manager with monitoring and processing the local maintenance CAPEX project process in SAP PM.
Develop/refine and implement preventive and predictive maintenance systems for all facility equipment.
Coordinate predictive and preventive and corrective maintenance practices for all facility equipment.
Develop measurements for tracking the success and timeliness of maintenance activities such as PM work order completion rates, Planned/Scheduled work order completion rates, etc.
Work directly with outside contractors/partners on providing PMs service to relevant designed production equipment.
Proactively Identify potential equipment problems.
Identify and assist in the implementation of projects as required.
Properly perform all requirements for APSM management.
Other duties as required
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• High School diploma/GED equivalency is a minimum formal education requirement
• 3-5 years of experience in maintenance planning and or scheduling
• Have extensive industrial maintenance background which may include hydraulics, controls, industrial ammonia refrigeration system, welding, pneumatics and basic troubleshooting skills
• Ability to troubleshoot maintenance related problems
• 1-2 years of experience in the SAP modules for Plant Maintenance (PM)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Excel and maintenance management software
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics
• Demonstrated planning, task organizing and execution skills
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Able to work overtime as required.
• Able to perform normal maintenance functions (facility maintenance) when needed.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions.
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending.
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks.
• Requires the use of various electronic tools.
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.