Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, ensures safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment. Additionally, up to 25% of the job includes assisting the Supervisor in coordinating workflow and recommending work assignments, training other associates, ensuring on-time completion of assignments, and ensuring compliance with safety and work procedures.
• Up to 25% of the job is directing the work of others, reviewing schedule with supervisor at the beginning of the shift, discussing daily plan and objectives, assisting in training other associates, and advising the supervisor of any problems that occur during the shift.
• Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
• Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
• Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklift, stand up straddle truck, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
• Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Must be able to meet production standards.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Three (3) months’ related experience preferred.
• Relevant certifications
• Some computer skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• Must be able to work varied schedule
• Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, and meet deadlines.
• Experience as a Lead Warehouse Worker: Up to one year experience as a warehouse worker, Able to schedule trucks and assign tasks and Team skills.
• Tools and Technology: Computer, Warehouse management system and related components and Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand up lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them, including but not limited to frequently requiring the ability to drive a fork lift, sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities. While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate:
• Must be able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated products from inside safety cage
• May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
• Must transfer boxes weighing up to 55 lbs. from ground level to 80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a distance of 6 ft. without mechanical assistance.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.