Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Lumper position focuses on loading and unloading merchandise in accordance to established safety, performance, and accuracy standards.
• Verifies container information according to the execution report.
• Appropriate trailer chocking, glad hand locking and cone procedure must be followed prior to unloading process
• Manually unloads container by separating each case by style, size and color and placing in a separate pallet for each.
• Accurately builds each pallet to the correct standard tie high as specified on execution report
• Stages pallets on the dock using a manual pallet jack.
• Determines if pallets are ready to be shrink wrapped by identifying case quantity on upper right-hand side of the pallet.
• Shrink wrap staged pallets
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Report any accidents and/or incidents to supervision immediately after the occurrence.
• Safety, Sanitation, and Security- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Possess the ability to understand and operate a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure accurate completion of assignments.
• Possess good mathematical skills
• Capable of following written and verbal instructions
• Ability to read
• Ability to work various shifts
• Possess a strong resistance to a cold environment
• Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
• Maintains a clean and safe environment at all times
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 60 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW