Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under minimal supervision, work independently, performing advanced refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Other areas of knowledge, including but not exclusive to: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, fabrication and welding, ammonia, and plumbing. Will direct and oversee the work of contractors on occasion.
• Defines and sets up ideal operational settings and parameters for all refrigeration equipment (i.e. superheat, regulators, pressure settings, defrost cycles, etc.) Proactively monitor system performance, and take appropriate actions to ensure that the system is operating optimally.
• Pumps out/evacuates refrigerant as necessary for component level replacement and/or repair.
• Provides in depth troubleshooting of refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, and controls systems to root cause and recommends corrective action
• Performs calibrations (slide valve, potentiometers, RTDs, pressure transducers, etc.)
• Replaces components within the refrigeration’s system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
• Performs both routine and complex maintenance and repairs on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Participates in Maintenance/Refrigeration/Energy Excellence implementation and sustainment of Americold Operating System (AOS).
• Shares knowledge, and assists in the training and development of less experienced technicians
• Inspects and reviews “in progress” and “completed” work of internal and external technicians for compliance and quality control.
• Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintains accurate preventive and predictive maintenance records within the CMMS System.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S’d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 5 years Industrial Refrigeration maintenance experience, which must include ammonia refrigeration.
• Completion of RETA Operator 1 & 2 courses preferred. In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
• RETA CIRO certification preferred.
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and Mechanical-Electrical courses.
• Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
• Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Computerized Maintenance Management System experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in mechanical knowledge (all level 3 requirements).
• Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are prohibited when working with ammonia).
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.