Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Manages Supervisors in multiple functions and/or shifts in the warehouse by performing the following duties.
• Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI's related to all aspects of product handling and customer service within a grocery retail distribution center environment.
• Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with food safety, sanitation and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed. Insure Safety Training requirements are met.
• Assist in management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Submit various required and defined reports on a timely basis.
• Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for perishables.
• Developed and/or revise standard operational and working practices. Observe workers to ensure compliance.
• Analyze staffing goals and workflow.
• Monitor progress towards goals. Provide reports.
• Ensure Picklines and Stocking areas updated on documented schedule.
• Provide safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and safety concerns as well as cost saving opportunities.
• Communicate effectively with customer.
• Review and adjust WMS for tracked hours, job code approvals and associate roster.
• Review WMS against associate roster and adjust accordingly.
• Provide KPI, downtime and customer specific reporting.
• Labor planning and overtime for all shifts.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three years supervisory experience. Associate's Degree (A.A.) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Analytical ability.
• Ability to manage effectively supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals.
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, customer interfacing skills and be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
• Knowledge of Union environment.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.