Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Production Mechanic troubleshoots equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment by identifying and providing solutions for problems that occur in equipment and processes.
• Overhauls and installs new equipment, including programmable logic, refrigeration control, and packaging program equipment.
• Rebuilds and fabricates parts as needed or as required. Escalates to management if unable or lacking necessary replacements.
• Performs regular and as needed equipment maintenance while maintaining a clean and safe work area.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and performs immediate repair.
• Schedules and conducts preventive maintenance.
• Generates parts request to ensure adequate inventory, and generates and completes work orders as assigned.
• Creates work orders and completes work assignments in a Computer Maintenance Management system (CMMS).
• Performs equipment change-overs and production line set ups as needed or as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned, as needed, or as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One (1) to three (3) years industrial maintenance or related work experience, including 1+ years of mechanical/electrical experience.
• Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment.
• Experience in a production environment with automated packaging equipment preferred.
• Experience in warehouse or with automated warehouse equipment preferred.
• Prior diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience preferred.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Demonstrated communication skills that enable efficient description of issues that are causing reduced flow or throughput across power conveyor or automated equipment in their work area.
• Ability to engage with teammates and co-workers and ability to master and execute multiple tasks and / or work at more than one work area during the day as the business needs dictate.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer Warehouse Management System(s) and related components, such as Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand-up lift truck, RC, VoCollect Technology.
• Demonstrated knowledge of automated packaging equipment, including weighers or scales, baggers, case packers, palletizers, check weighers, box flippers, diverters, and conveyor systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management systems (CMMS).
• Must be able to work independently.
• Ability to recognize, acknowledge and correctly react to basic information or input correct basic information into user interfaces to enable safe and efficient product flow across the automation systems.
• Comfortable working around conveyance and automated equipment in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be cross trained into multiple areas of the facility.
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details.
• May work overtime, evenings, weekends, and some holidays in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Regular work duties will be performed in an environment at 38 degrees.
• Limited exposure to a working environment with temperatures of -10 degrees to -20 degrees; industry rated cold gear will be provided.
• Ability to stack boxes within an automated work environment for an extended period.
• Must be able to lift 70 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing stairs, ladders and crossovers and being on your feet most of the shift.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.