Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Reputed company from north America is looking for a full time Refrigeration Shift Operator – Class B (Ontario Certificate of Qualification) in good standing with TSSA for its Brampton Ammonia facility
• Operate automated or computerized control systems.
• Ensure daily inspection of the ammonia refrigeration plant that all systems are operating in a safe and expected manner
• Ability to measure temperature, fuel flow and pressure.
• Record, analyze and enter equipment daily readings in SAP system
• Troubleshoot, perform corrective actions or minor repairs as required.
• Perform routine equipment and batteries maintenance.
• Clean and lubricate machinery and components.
• Maintain daily log of operation, maintenance, and safety activities.
• Reporting to Chief Engineer for day-to-day activities
• Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as position requires
• Working knowledge of maintenance software, CMMS and SAP
• Maintain good housekeeping within the Engine Room
Qualifications & Experience:
• Grade 12 Diploma with post secondary education is preferred
• Refrigeration License Class B (Ontario Certificate of Qualification in good standing with TSSA))
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Ammonia Refrigeration Plant with A class rating
• Working knowledge of Food Safety (GMP, HACCP, AIB and SQF) and Ontario Regulatory bodies
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Analytical and judgment skills
• Problem Solving
• Attention to detail (rigor)
• Priority Management
• Team Player and collaboration
• Communication skills
• Autonomy, resourcefulness, and sense of initiative
• Ability to work in unionized environment
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW