Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Leads and coordinates work among other Automated Storage / Retrieval System (ASRS) technicians at the site. Leads the development of site ASRS technician capability development. Will perform advance maintenance and mechanical / electrical repair on the ASRS cranes and other automated pallet handling systems. May direct and supervise the work of contractors.
• Provide leadership, guidance, training and development to techs onsite.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc., and develops the skill capability of others to be able to perform assigned tasks.
• Performs major repairs on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc. as needed
• Ability to inspect mechanical / electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, need for adjustment / repair, and make recommendations to improve performance & reliability.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot ladder logic programming, VFD, instrumentation, AC/DC motors, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
• Effectively communicate with the Facility Services and Operations teams, ASRS status and potential service disruptions as they arise.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using the appropriate test equipment.
• Troubleshoots ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc and recommends corrective action.
• Assess skills capability of ASRS team and operators to support the development of skills matrixes, and skills capability transfer.
• Reviews inspection results and repairs to evaluate work quality and effectiveness.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Understand Industrial Refrigeration Systems, able to troubleshoot system performance issues.
• Inspect forklifts, pallet jacks and other similar equipment. May need to perform repairs and inspections.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• MUST have experience working on high-speed production machinery, 3 Phase (Up to 480 Volt), PLC programming/trouble shooting, VFD troubleshooting/programming, instrumentation, and experience with AC/DC Motors maintenance.
• Minimum 7 years’ maintenance mechanical-electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, preferably supporting ASRS, conveyors, and pallet elevators or similar.
• Requires a wide variety of field experiences in process controls and a working knowledge of instrumentation.
• Experience working in a CMMS system, SAP is preferred.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT responder training is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read and understand ladder diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Must have working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) requirements.
• Must be able troubleshoot, assemble, install, test, repair, and maintain mechanical, electrical, electronics, controls, and instrumentation.
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively at differing levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to proactively identify problems / develop solutions.
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Strong knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work at high elevations in fall protection.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.