Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for supporting the direction, coordination, and evaluation of product movement and customer service. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems by performing the duties through subordinate supervisors.
• Ensure budgeted revenues, expenses, and targets are met.
• Ensure sales and business development initiatives are met.
• Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI’s related to all aspects of product handling and customer service.
• Work with General Manager to develop annual facility budgets.
• Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed.
• Set and achieve housekeeping standards that are a model of orderliness and cleanliness and meet standards and procedures for maintenance related functions.
• Model best safety practices in the industry to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
• Set and meet claims targets and ensure the security of the facility(s).
• Build positive relationships with customers.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Submit various required and defined reports on a timely basis.
• Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for perishables.
• Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
• Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise.
• Assign projects within scope of responsibility.
• Recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach supervisor-level team members.
• Ensure compliance with employment laws.
• Monitor progress towards department goals. Provide reports.
• Review orders or schedules to ascertain product data.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
• Prepare operational schedules and coordinate activities. Establish priorities and sequences for products.
• Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities. Conduct quarterly safety training.
• Support the Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
• Inspect machines and equipment. Review operating reports. Resolve operational / maintenance issues.
• Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices. Observe workers to ensure compliance.
• Ensure compliance with all transportation and safety regulations.
• Manage the site sanitation program.
• Report on-the-job injuries and accidents. Facilitate modified duty assignments.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 years supervisory experience
• Associate's Degree (A.A.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Proficient with WMS and RF.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.