Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Assisting the Transportation Safety Manager promoting the safe and efficient operations of the driver fleet, yard operations, and distribution center. The Transportation Safety Supervisor assists the transportation safety committee, trains associates and management in safety policies, defensive driving/driver safety, and accident prevention techniques, organizes and coordinates the daily activities within the Transportation department and distribution center consistent with company guidelines to ensure safe operations and address potential risks. The Transportation Safety Supervisor is responsible for continuously improving the safety and well-being of all drivers, associates, and visitors at the warehouse and distribution center.
• Executes plans and implements/enforces safety policies and procedures in compliance with state, local and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Departments of Transportation (DOT rules and regulations.
• Executes programs to train managers, drivers, and associates in workplace safety practices, fire prevention, hazardous materials, material handling equipment (MHE), and the correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials found in the warehouse and at the distribution center.
• Develops information, signs, posters, banners, and other presentations media materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and prevent access to hazardous conditions.
• Assists in the investigation of accidents, incidents, and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for the company use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
• Assists in the administration of the workers compensation programs, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce associate lost time.
• Manages the training and certification programs for all industrial and material handling equipment within the warehouse and distribution center maintaining proper documentation for all trained associates in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Executes training policies, programs, and scheduled, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, customer processes, or changes in production, procedures or services.
• Assists in recruiting and vetting of driver candidates
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• College degree required
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
• NATMI Safety Director Certification preferred.
• At least two years related work experience.
• Forklift Operator experience. Forklift Trainer experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to innovate and support change.
• Experienced with computer based training systems.
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good customer service skills (internal and external).
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology skills include use of a calculator, telephone, desktop computers, photocopiers, data input scanners, scanners Microsoft Office Suite
• Requires the use of a telephone, fax machine, computer terminal, calculator, and copy machine.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions in addition to sitting, standing, walking and driving
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Requires climbing stairs and working at heights/balancing on occasion.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require working in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.