Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support the payroll department with processing multi-site, multi-state weekly, bi-weekly and accrual payrolls.
• Support Bi-weekly / weekly payroll preparation and distribution of the organization’s multi-state payroll in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policy.
• Prepare the validation of all wages paid for audit purposes, and ensures approval received by divisional Plant Manager’s.
• Issue manual checks and direct deposit reversal as necessary.
• Coordinate with HRIS team to set up, test and review new pay codes or payroll deductions as needed.
• Prepare invoices for Union payments as assigned.
• Monitor account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of payments.
• Assist with implementing time and attendance system.
• Training and maintenance in time and attendance.
• Assist with Pay Card program.
• Other duties and special projects as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years payroll processing experience. Demonstrated in-depth understanding and working knowledge of payroll processing within a large company environment, payroll laws including multi-state and multi-company to include reciprocity and other payroll state guidelines.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PeopleSoft and are ADP Enterprise experience required.
• Kronos experience required.
• Desire to obtain CPP (Certified Payroll Professional).
• ADP garnishment experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Advanced Excel experience a plus.
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals/
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines/
• Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills/
• Excellent issue resolution skills/
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
• Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels/
• Can do attitude and team player approach.
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality at all times.
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be comfortable in a high volume environment.
• Must have strong work ethic; an individual who takes great pride in their work and wants to grow their career in the payroll field.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.