Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Supervise employees and coordinate the day to day activities of a department or small facility. In addition, the Office Supervisor will respond to escalated inquiries, processing orders and complaints.
• Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
• Communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Maintain records pertaining to inventory, personnel, orders, supplies, and machine maintenance.
• Make recommendations to management concerning such issues as staffing decisions and procedural changes.
• Monitor inventory levels and requisition or purchase supplies as needed.
• Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
• Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Ability to supervise employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a manager.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to use Company Software, Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers and Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.