Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Operates dollies and other loading equipment to load and unload materials to and from trucks, rail cars, containers, and loading docks.
• Load and unload materials, containers, boxes, pallets, etc. from and to warehouse docks and vehicles or shipping vessels
• Install strapping, bracing, padding, etc. to prevent shifting or damage in transit
• Read and follow work orders, shipping orders, and verbal instructions
• May perform other warehouse tasks as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Must be able to perform tasks and communicate under strict time limits
• Food facility; requires food safe behavior
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Ability to work in fast-paced, wet, and cold environment in temperatures from 38°F to 50°F.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and grasp up to 70 pounds while standing and kneeling