Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Company’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting for this position is $60,000 to $67,000 annually. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Supports HR functions such as recruiting, staffing, HR transactions, onboarding, training, and employee relations activities and investigations for the various location(s) functions, and manages major initiatives and events for assigned area(s) or operational function(s).
• Inputs and maintains employee data in company Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
• Ensures appropriate files are maintained as current, including re-certifications and updates.
• Manages location site initiatives and events as needed by conducting event site searches, and serving as point of contact for event planning. Manages logistics/vendors, including venue/hotel, food and beverage, audio visual, room set, rooming list, décor, VIP arrangements, and ground transportation for HR events as needed.
• Manages onsite event and ensures accuracy of information for a successful outcome and steps up to resolve any problems that might occur by managing event budget, tracking expenses for adherence, advising senior leadership on budget status, and analyzing event success via preparing reports and making suggestions for improvements.
• Compiles and analyzes various reports as needed or as requested.
• Inputs and maintains employee data in company Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Strategic Business Partnership:
• Works with operational function(s) team to identify, create and implement innovative human resource solutions that enhance business performance and help to achieve goals.
• Champions, executes, and monitors the effectiveness of operational function(s) programs as they relate to and align with the Americold corporate programs and initiatives.
• Partners with operational function(s) leadership, operations, and recruiting teams to ensure open positions are filled based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives.
• Collaborates with the recruiting team, acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts.
• Cultivates internal talent, participate in key role promotional decisions.
• Partners with HR and/or operations team(s) to drive talent review and succession planning processes using a consultative approach that ensures a strong talent bench.
• Works with leaders to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans.
• Provides managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
• Champions the shaping and sustaining of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Consults with leadership to develop plans to promote an inclusive environment that is engaging, enabling and energizing, and one where our associates can thrive.
Associate and Labor Relations:
• Makes contributions that develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors our ACTION plans.
• Partners with HR leaders on investigations, assisting in the preparation of summaries and make recommendations with a sense of urgency, ensuring comprehensive resolutions.
• Seeks employment counsel to analyze employment decisions as needed.
• Partners with Labor Relations team to develop a labor strategy, including conducting risk assessments, facilitating positive associate relations training, and drafting action plans to address concerns.
• Participates in union negotiations (where applicable), prepare and contribute key HR data to ensure successful outcomes within the collective bargaining agreement.
• Collaborates with Business Agents (where applicable) to resolve grievances and other local matters.
• Partners with assigned HR management team to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FCRA, EEO, and FLSA).
• Communicates, interprets, and consistently applies company policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct.
• Ensures compliance with Human Resource processes.
• Consults with HR and compliance leaders on the interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Conducts regular compliance reviews at location level (Wage and Hour, etc.).
Qualifications & Experience:
• Associates’ Degree or High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Three (3) years human resources experience or a combination of human resources and other relevant professional experience.
• Transportation operational function requires two (2) years transportation experience.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Strong problem-solving skills, initiative, flexibility, demonstrated sense of urgency, and consistent delivery on commitments
• Knowledge of national geography a plus
• Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, efficiently and effectively
• Ability to make decisions and stand behind decision made
• Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment
• Strong customer service orientation
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and/or air 25 - 35% of the time (restrictions may apply)
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.