Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for the access control of all incoming and outgoing traffic into the facility yard. Documents arrival of trucks and trailers into the various systems. Checks accuracy of the paperwork and the loads of trucks and trailers upon their exit from the facility yard. At some facilities, may be required to perform physical door checks throughout the facility.
• Guard the entrance the facility and grounds, warehouse, or other property to control traffic to and from buildings and grounds
• Prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas
• Opens gates to allow entrance or exit of employees, truckers, and authorized visitors
• Check the credentials or approved roster before admitting anyone thru the gates
• Directs visitors and truckers to various parts of grounds or buildings
• Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or product
• Data entry to record number of trucks, work orders or other carriers entering or leaving facility
• Input data into system
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as theft, equipment or property damage, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences
• Answer telephone and transfer calls to different departments
• May be required to operate a company security vehicle to perform physical door checks
• Perform other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent and proven interpersonal and customer service skills (Verbal and written)
• Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
• Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, high stress environment.
• Excellent communication and verbal skills with all levels of the organization
• Clean driving record, if assignment requires operating a company security vehicle
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching or bending
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require ability to occasionally lift, carry, position, and moving objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires ability to work Saturdays and overtime
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW