Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The HR Coordinator provides support to the Corporate Human Resources team in the areas of human resources administration, orientation, compliance, and other HR related tasks and projects
• Facilitates the new hire on-boarding experience by preparing materials, conducting new hire orientation, and following-up with employees.
• Inputs and maintains employee data in company Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
• Ensures appropriate files are maintained as current, including re-certifications and updates.
• Coordinates logistics related to internal events (hotel accommodations, ground transportation, etc.)
• Conducts exit interviews for manager level roles and below.
• Initiates recruiting requisitions with the Talent Acquisition team.
• Completes initial written responses to unemployment claims for the Corporate function.
• Produces various HR reports (sign-on bonuses, retention bonuses, severance payments, exit interview data, etc.) requiring analysis and data compilation.
• Maintains associate personnel files and completes annual audits.
• Administers service award program for the company.
• Administers the employee referral program for the Corporate function.
• Assists with the administration of Americold University (online learning management tool.)
• Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Associates’ Degree or High School Diploma and applicable experience may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
• 1-3 Years human resources experience or a combination of human resources and other relevant professional experience in a direct customer service capacity.
• Must have ability to understand and assess organizational need.
• Excellent computer skills. Strong experience with the utilization of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong functional use of a HRIS system; working knowledge of People Soft experience ideal.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service orientation
• High-energy individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
• Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, ability to multi-task and willingness to take on new projects; and/or to initiate appropriate projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with various levels of internal staff and external candidates
• Capable of working collaboratively in team environment
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality at all times
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must have strong work ethic; an individual who takes great pride in their work and wants to grow their career in the human resources and/or recruiting field
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and/or air 25 - 35% of the time (restrictions may apply)
• Requires visiting facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.