Under general supervision, the Warehouse Laborer will manually move freight, stock and other materials. The Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food and non-food products.
• Manually load and unload freight in temperature controlled warehouse and other locations as directed by management
• Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
• Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Comply with Company safety procedures in the workplace.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, and meet deadlines,
• May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
• Tools and Technology Required: Computer
• Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated products from inside safety cage
• May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
• Must transfer boxes weighing up to 55 lbs. from ground level to 80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50 inches in height rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a distance of 6 ft. without mechanical assistance.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.