Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Pick up materials or products from pallet, hand truck, or dolly, and place or dump fruit onto conveyor. Perform a variety of duties such as stacking boxes, housekeeping, material handling, bailing, floater, inspector, and other duties as assigned by the line leader.
• Follow all GMP’s with regard to handling the product and rework.
• Perform all duties in a safe manner.
• Remove and provide pallet tags to Line Leader
• Properly palletize bags once they are filled to the stated level. Stack the completed totes in a standard pattern to minimize product crushing.
• Recognize and discard any non-conforming product while working in a fast paced environment.
• Stack boxes of fruit onto pallets
• Perform any and all duties as required by the line lead.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Physical stamina and mobility, including ability to reach, kneel and bend
• Ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30lbs)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Must be able to perform tasks and make decisions and communicate under strict time limits
• Food facility; requires food safe behavior
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, wet, and cold environment in temperatures from 38°F to 50°F.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to lift, push, pull and grasp up to 50 pounds while standing and kneeling
• Minimum waist line bending – Standing position for at least 8 hours
• Must occasionally work evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW