Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Company’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting for this position is $19 to $20.50 hourly. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to warehouse floor, balancing workflow, and ensuring inbound and outbound truck turn times are within acceptable levels.
• Resolve order product shortages
• Manage order cuts and communicate to customers
• Release work to the work queue in a manner that ensures maximum levels of interleaving, productivity, and carrier turn times
• Prioritize individual Lift Truck Operator (LTO) tasks along with Dock Supervisors
• Ensure dock office is utilizing inbound and outbound dock optimization functionality for each receipt and order
• Run labor reports and review with Dock Supervisors and Office Manager
• Review/update base priorities weekly to reduce manual priority changes in the work queue
• Review/update LTO home work zone assignments along with Operations Manager
• Review/Update product code velocity zone assignments along with Operations Manager
• Review/update optimal static and dynamic pick locations along with Operations Manager
• Actively participate in continuous improvement projects and safety programs
• Continually evaluate effectiveness of systems and recommend changes where appropriate
• Troubleshoot and correct systems problems
• Train all levels of users on relevant systems
• May resolve product order shortages.
• May manage order cuts and communicate to customers.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Good customer service skills
• Proficiency with basic PC software and Americold systems
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Desktop computers.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.