Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for oversight of the entire operational function including the direction, coordination, and evaluation of product movement and customer service. The AGM determines and directs management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and mentoring managers, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining managers and supervisors, addressing complaints, and resolving problems by performing the duties through subordinate managers.
• Planning and ensuring that budgeted revenues, expenses, and targets are met.
• Planning and ensuring that business development initiatives are met.
• Planning, monitoring, and driving processes to improve KPI’s related to all aspects of product handling and customer service.
• Overseeing the performance of regular work area inspections to ensure compliance with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed.
• Set and achieve housekeeping standards, driving process changes in order to improve cleanliness and meet standards and procedures for maintenance related functions.
• Model and drive best safety practices in the industry to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
• Plan and achieve customer service claims targets.
• Build positive relationships with customers, vendors and employees.
• Assist in Labor Relations Management, including grievance resolution.
• Oversee and drive management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Submit various required and defined reports on a timely basis.
• Create and maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for perishables.
• Coordinate and oversee all activities of distribution warehouse.
• Assign projects within scope of responsibility for warehouse managers.
• Recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach manager-level team members.
• Ensure compliance with employment laws.
• Create and monitor progress towards department goals. Provide reports.
• Create and monitor work schedules and capabilities.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
• Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities. Oversee and conduct regular safety training.
• Support the Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
• Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices. Observe workers to ensure compliance.
• Oversee and manage the site sanitation program.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 years supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage leaders and hourly associates.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Strong ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Proficient with WMS and RF
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.