Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Coordinate and supervise all activities related to safety and loss prevention, to include training and accident investigations.
• Responsible for supporting the management of the facility’s H&S Program by partnering with the other facility departments to foster a working environment that promotes safety, productivity and adherence to company EHS policies and procedures, standard operating procedures and federal/state regulations.
• Identify, reduce and eliminate leading loss drivers for worker injury and workers compensation claims.
• Conduct & coordinate employee training including annual refresher & new hire training required by Americold and all regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, ANSI, PSM).
• Has responsibility pertaining to the reporting, recordkeeping, management and follow-up of Workers' Compensation claims.
• Maintain relationship with workers compensation, medical resources, and Regional Safety Organization to establish systems which provide appropriate care for associates and supports the needs of the business.
• Compile, analyze, and distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety reports to your direct supervisor and the Regional Safety Manager.
• Administer the facility/regional Safety Incentive Program and provide monthly reports to your direct supervisor, the GM and Regional Safety Manager.
• Provide managers/supervisors the necessary training to obtain detailed descriptions, corrective actions and follow through to ensure corrective actions are implemented related to accidents, near misses, injuries or property damage.
• Assist supervisors in all accident investigations and ensure proper documentation and follow-up is executed to completion.
• Serve as Chairman for Safety Committee and facilitate monthly responsibilities to all members and manage monthly multi-layered audit.
• Work in conjunction with your direct supervisor, the Regional Safety Manager and facility management to develop annual safety plans which adequately budget for, and address, the changing needs of the business.
• Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility supervisors to advance systems and positively impact the safe operations of the business.
• Act as on-site coordinator between hourly staff and management on any safety related issues.
• Provide managers with ongoing feedback on Americold H&S compliance, employee training goals and objectives.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience
o Will consider candidates with a strong regulatory or compliance background.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to coaching from a manager.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Tools and Technology Required:
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Desktop computers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.