Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
The Company’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting for this position is $17.25 to $18.75 hourly. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Assists in maintaining an accurate record of inventory. Assists in preventing and resolving inventory discrepancies.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and report on any safety concerns.
• Conduct regular inventory counts (i.e. cycle counts and full physical inventories). Record count results and discrepancies. Communicate count results to Management and/or the Customer as needed.
• Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not limited to: researching customer claims, cycle count for missing product, adjust inventory quantities, print labels, handle damaged inventory, disposing of inventory.
• Update inventory and inventory discrepancies in the Warehouse Management System including processing adjustments.
• Assist with special projects, handling customer specific requests.
• Report on operational errors impacting inventory performance.
• Other inventory related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one to three years’ office experience or equivalent training and experience.
• Experienced with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Forklift license
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.