Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for the maintenance of safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, repair of equipment and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse. Lead, direct and work with Facility Services Managers in the Region on carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
• Identifies current and future maintenance requirements by establishing rapport with management, engineering, and production personnel and technicians to understand maintenance requirements at the warehouse.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual capital and maintenance budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Supports the successful implementation of annual capital projects in the Region.
• Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards utilizing the CMMS system.
• Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs and personnel policies and procedures including Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action.
• Lead compliance activities with all OSHA & EPA regulations and PSM & RMP requirements.
• Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
• Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with management, engineering, and quality control personnel.
• Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
• Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follows up on work results.
• Develops and maintains maintenance staff by selecting, indoctrinating, and training employees.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Structural Engineering or related field, is desirable but not required
• Minimum 7 years maintenance management and leadership experience with at least 4-5 years’ experience scheduling and maintaining a refrigerated warehouse system, material handling, repair, and building maintenance is required
• Experience working within CMMS systems, SAP Preferred
• Experience in Reliability Centered Maintenance Preferred
• Requires a strong knowledge & skill level with NH3 refrigeration system; RETA and CIRO/CARO certifications preferred, but not required
• Strong working knowledge of the OSHA & EPA compliance programs for warehouses using an ammonia refrigeration system is required
• Computer skills should include Excel and Word
• Must be able to work independently and unsupervised
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong time management skills
• Strong analytical and decision making skills
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Must maintain a high level of integrity and demonstrate Americold’s Core Behaviors
• Possess a strong sense of responsibility and regularly exercise “sound judgment”
• Possess a strong work “ethic” and always strive to learn new things
• Progressive, flexible and team-oriented approach desired
• Must be able to travel as required
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.