Under close supervision, assists in very basic level duties of general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas include battery and charger maintenance, electricity, plumbing, carpentry.
• Assist in maintaining batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard. Conducts Preventative Maintenance and Repairs on the batteries and chargers as needed.
• Work in the battery changing room to facilitate and manage the battery changing process.
• Capable of operating a forklift, pallet jack and battery changer.
• Cleans, lubricates bearings, gears of other machinery parts using rags, brushes and a grease gun.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Assist in conducting test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Assist in keeping accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude required.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary
• May be expected to participate in HAZMAT responder training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
• Microsoft Knowledge preferred
• Prefer some maintenance or mechanical experience
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.