Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Respond to inquiries, processing orders and handling complaints in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. Other responsibilities include greeting visitors, telephone responses, scheduling and various other clerical duties. May handle and resolve complaints. The Senior is the primary point of contact for National Accounts across multiple sites.
• Responds to all customer inquiries and complaints concerning work-orders, shipments, inventory counts, etc.
• Reports customer feedback to management.
• Acts as liaison between customer and warehouse for account administration, customer, and office for invoicing and credit changes.
• Generates all paperwork/information required for customer work orders including checking on special requests, expediting orders where necessary, tracking orders and post inventory records.
• Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer-generated invoices.
• Provides clerical support including overseeing all paperwork associated with orders, maintaining corresponding files, answering phones, operating office equipment/computers needed to perform duties, greeting visitors
• Schedule loads as required.
• Maintain updated reports to ensure all loads are empty and closed.
• Resolve refused product, over, short and damaged (OS&D) orders.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
• Senior Level—Essential Functions
o Maintains and ensures favorable contacts with customers.
o Coordinates recalls, national holds, item master maintenance, reporting, etc., across multiple sites.
o Participates in training and coaching on customer service functions.
o Provides coaching and directs the customer service work in applicable locations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
• 2- 4 years of work related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Flexibility and initiative.
• Experience working with challenging customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Understand the specific needs and requests of customers, the nature of their product and storage and handling needs.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Desktop computers.
• Accurate typing and data entry skills
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.