Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Administer the quality assurance aspects of warehouse operation functions to ensure integrity of programs. Promotes the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions.
• Ensure group adherence to budget.
• Present team strategy to others within the organization.
• Assign projects within scope of responsibility.
• Recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach management-level team members.
• Ensure compliance with employment laws.
• Establish department goals, performance standards, and appropriate measurements.
• Recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents and health hazards.
• Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
• Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Develop and monitor facility safety program. Oversee activities of safety committee and provide monthly reports. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities. Respond to safety emergencies, including spills, leaks, breakage and injuries.
• Promote an open door policy and team environment.
• Support Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
• Train Hazardous Material Team.
• Develop and monitor the facility sanitation program (including AIB).
• Develop, administer and monitor the facility hold program.
• Ensure facility USDA program is managed effectively.
• Develop, administer and monitor daily cycle count program.
• Work with Sales and Customer Service to secure customer forecast information to efficiently manage zoning at the facility.
• Work with National Training Manager to facilitate warehouse based training programs.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3 plus years warehousing/logistics experience preferred.
• Associates Degree or equivalent additional experience.
• Experienced with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and E-Mail (Lotus Notes).
• Familiar with WMS and RF.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.