Ensure that all shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers, warehouse, and supervisors to coordinate outbound and inbound freight schedules.
• Complete shipping and receiving orders including necessary documents and labels.
• Verify accuracy of all orders and records.
• Assist in tracking any missing or delayed shipments.
• Authorize product for shipment and receipt.
• Inform supervisor of any issues with drivers or loads and assist in resolution of any issues.
• Work with Customer Service Reps to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Keep computer records accurate and up to date. Run daily reports as needed.
• Maintain security procedures at dock.
• Promote a safe and positive work environment through personal actions.
• Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one-year office experience or equivalent training and experience.
• Warehouse or transportation experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in detail driven, high paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule a must.
• Experience with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Familiar with Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Radio Frequency (RF).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 25 lbs. and work in sub-freezing temperatures.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.