Support the payroll department with processing multi-site, multi-state weekly, bi-weekly and accrual payrolls.
• Support Bi-weekly / weekly payroll preparation and distribution of the organization’s multi-state payroll in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policy.
• Prepare the validation of all wages paid for audit purposes, and ensures approval received by divisional Plant Manager’s.
• Issue manual checks and direct deposit reversal as necessary.
• Coordinate with HRIS team to set up, test and review new pay codes or payroll deductions as needed.
• Prepare invoices for Union payments as assigned.
• Monitor account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of payments.
• Assist with implementing time and attendance system.
• Training and maintenance in time and attendance.
• Assist with Pay Card program.
• Other duties and special projects as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years payroll processing experience. Demonstrated in-depth understanding and working knowledge of payroll processing within a large company environment, payroll laws including multi-state and multi-company to include reciprocity and other payroll state guidelines
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); some college preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• PeopleSoft and are ADP Enterprise experience required
• Kronos experience required
• Desire to obtain CPP (Certified Payroll Professional)
• ADP garnishment experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; Advanced Excel experience a plus
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills/
• Excellent issue resolution skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals
• Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels
• Can do attitude and team player approach
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality at all times
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be comfortable in a high volume environment
• Must have strong work ethic; an individual who takes great pride in their work and wants to grow their career in the payroll field
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.