Perform various routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
• Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
• Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
• Establish work procedures or schedules and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
• Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
• Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
• Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
• Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
• Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
• Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
• Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
• Order and dispense supplies.
• Prepare and mail checks.
• Provide services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
• Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
• Schedule and confirm appointments for customers, vendors or supervisors.
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or
• At least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
• Experienced with Warehouse Management System
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology:
• Desktop computers
• Data input scanners, Scanners
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Requires the use of a telephone, fax machine, computer terminal, calculator, and copy machine
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.