Supervise the day-to-day transportation services activities of assigned site(s).
• Supervise the day-to-day transportation operations.
• Supervise the work of the driver team.
• Contact carriers to resolve performance or billing issues.
• Contact warehouses to resolve delivery or billing problems.
• Assist Transportation Operations Manager in the development of formalized business rules, daily shipping matrixes, and carrier service reviews.
• Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of workflow.
• Assist in resolving customer related problems with regard to orders, service and delivery.
• Gathers and analyzes information to prepare reports.
• Provide support for transportation associates.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's/Associates degree and 2-4 years transportation and dispatch experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 1 year proven supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent management skills and possess the ability to coordinate multiple tasks in deadline driven, fast paced environment.
• Possess a passion for customer service, and lead the team by example.
• Strong ability to lead and manage others; strong motivator and team player approach.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and working knowledge of transportation/dispatch tools required)
• Strong ability to form and foster business relationships. Demonstrate a partnership approach in working with the facilities, carriers and our customers.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.