Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support packing/repacking operations by assembling different types and sizes of cardboard boxes.
• Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area.
• Ensures tape guns/tapers have sufficient amount of tape.
• Performs visual Inspections of final product packaging for product integrity. Removes out-of-specifications product problems. Reports issues to Repackers, Line Leads, or Supervisor as appropriate.
• Clears loose product from work area, discards defective bags, boxes, trays, and sweeps loose product off the floor. Keeps work area aisles and exits clear and free from obstructions.
• Stores and restocks packaging room supplies in designated areas.
• May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
• May assist with preparing line for startup.
• May perform other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent, or one to three months of related experience
• Work experience in a manufacturing, production, and/or warehouse environment preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to understand and carry out detailed but non-complex written and oral instructions
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s
• Ability to frequently lift, carry, stack, and place objects weighing 30 to 50 pounds
• Manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
• Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day
• May be required to tolerate working environment in temperatures of -15 degrees Fahrenheit
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.