Qualifications & Experience:
• Three (3) years warehouse and/or shipping/receiving experience. Import-export experience preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret financial documents, shipping documents, bills of lading, and other documents, and partner with customers and other co-workers.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in various reporting tools such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint sufficient to create communication documents and basic financial reports.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to self-start with little or no direction preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in the food industry, warehousing or transportation industry preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USDA regulations and working with government agencies and imports.
• Demonstrated knowledge in an Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) system, through which the trade community reports imports and exports and the government determines admissibility, preferred.
• Understands conditions of entry and regulations for produce.
• Ability to learn and be proficient in various Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) such as JDA and GLS.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions. Also must be able to repeatedly get up and down from chairs, and reach or bend for several hours per day.
• Must possess manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
• Must be able to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks.
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
• May be required to use various electronic tools.
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• May be required to travel by automobile and/or airplane for business-related purposes.
• May be required to visit or work entire day in facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing for short or long periods of time or as needed or as necessary.
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.