Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Directs general office activities and workflow for a single site. Responsibilities may include: payroll, traffic, customer service, and accounting/budgeting functions. May have responsibility for Human Resources functions such as recruitment, training, discipline, labor management provisions, and development of operational policies, programs, and procedures.
• Coordinate activities with other supervisory/lead personnel and with other work units or departments.
• Develop or update procedures, policies, and standards.
• Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
• Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Work with General Manager to develop annual departmental budget.
• Develop work schedules according to budgets and workloads.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, and other information required by management or governmental agencies.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Keep informed of provisions of labor-management agreements and their effects on departmental operations.
• Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
• Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
• Train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
• Participate in the recruitment, interview, and hiring process.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• Five to eight years office experience in warehousing and/or logistics
• 1-3 years general supervisory/management experience
• HS Diploma
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to manage supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Tools and Technology: Proficient in WMS and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Experience in HRIS and ATS systems preferred
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.