Supervise associates and coordinate the day to day activities of the maintenance crew at a large facility. In addition, the supervisor will respond to escalated issues, emergency repair orders and complaints in a prompt and effective manner. May coordinate with contractors.
• Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Test and calibrate HVAC equipment.
• Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintain accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for maintenance staff.
• Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Review records and reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, and shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
• Supervise the work of maintenance associates to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
• Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
• Counsel associates in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
Other duties as required.