Operates and maintains the inventory of the warehouse. Supervises all inventory related activities.
• Advise associates on care and preservation, handling, storing, maintenance and shipping of product.
• Train associates in equipment operations, safety and general operations.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and report on any safety concerns.
• Assign and direct work and monitor performance of inventory employees. Schedule tasks to maximize efficiency.
• Utilize the Warehouse Management System to monitor inventory accuracy, inventory discrepancies, and errors. Direct tasks of inventory associates based on the system generated reporting and inventory needs.
• Identify and report on operational errors impacting inventory accuracy. Issue corrective actions as needed.
• Review and monitor inventory errors, including lost inventory, damaged inventory, etc. Ensure SOPs for handling discrepant inventory are followed.
• Conduct regular inventory counts, including quarterly cycle counts, full physical inventories, and customer required counts. Record count results and any discrepancies. Communicate count results to Management and/or the Customer as needed.
• Analyze data and make recommendations on inventory layout and management practices to maximize inventory and maintain inventory at optimal accuracies.
• Review records and comply with established procedures for storing product.
• Communicate with Management on a regular basis of warehouse inventory accuracy and discrepancies
• Communicate with the Customer on an as needed or defined bases of customer inventory accuracy, status, and discrepancies.
• Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not limited to: researching customer claims, cycle count for missing product, adjust inventory quantities, handle damaged inventory, disposing of inventory.
• Recommend the approval or denial of customer claims.
• Maintain and update inventory and inventory discrepancies within the Warehouse Management System. Maintain and update product masterfiles and/or product information.
• Identify problem areas and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Other inventory related duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• College Degree plus 3 to 5 years warehousing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in Quality Assurance Management or Inventory Control
• Three years supervisory/management skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• PC skills, including Microsoft Office, AS400, WMS and RF
• Forklift license, CPR and First Aid training a plus
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.