Under general supervision, this person will be responsible for coordinating work efforts for safe fabrication of meat product within the production facility. Additionally, up to 25% of the job includes assisting the Supervisor in coordinating workflow and recommending work assignments, training other associates, ensuring on-time completion of assignments, and ensuring compliance with safety and work procedures.
• Prepare production equipment for operation by making equipment setup adjustments; assist with equipment changeovers.
• Document production and production process by completing production logs; noting the
receipt, flow, and return of materials; noting bins, racks, deliveries, move tickets and log
• Maintains quality standards by conducting first piece and line clearance inspection; complete production control charts; make equipment adjustments.
• Prepare others for production job responsibilities by demonstrating operational procedures.
• Maintains production line operation by solving production process problems; making equipment adjustments, reporting production and quality data referring questions to supervisor.
• Maintains production operations by following policies and procedures (equipment, raw and in-process materials, and finished goods); reporting needed changes.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with SSOP procedures, rules and regulations.
• Reports safety malfunctions on equipment complying with OSHA standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains a safe working environment by following safety rules and regulations.
• Support assigned duties of the plant manager to assist in the business of the facility.
• Performs other related duties as required or as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
• Three (3) months related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret workplace documents and partner with supervision and other co-workers.
• Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds frequently
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions. Also must be able to repeatedly get up and down from chairs, and reach or bend for several hours per day.
• Must possess manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical production work.
• Must be able to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 60 lbs frequently.
• Must be able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• May be required to work entire day in facility operations in cold temperatures with exposure to wet and noise.
• Must be able to work occasional prolonged work schedules.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW