Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 2-4 years’ practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess (or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining) a vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vocation/trade school or completion of this company's apprentice program with satisfactory performance.
• One or more Medium/Heavy Truck ASE Certifications and Class A CDL preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.