Perform various clerical duties requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. These duties will be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, office machine operation, and filing.
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address concerns.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
• Manage calendars, and arrange appointments.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Count, weight, measure, or organize materials.
• Deliver messages and run errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
• Open, sort, route and answer correspondence.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Process and prepare documents.
• Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Other duties upon request.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Tools and Technology - Knowledge of filing systems, Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Calculators, Desktop computers, Photocopiers
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.