Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Oversees multiple lines of packers/baggers and equipment to ensure line is performing at optimal performance. Oversees product being packed and performs quality control to ensure proper repacking and/or repackaging is being done. Ensures finished product is complete. Maintains associated documentation in Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• 15 minutes prior to shift, reviews work orders and performs pre-shift inspection of production floor and materials used during production
• Identifies problems/bottlenecks in production processes and works to resolve issues
• Communicates with supervisors about the day’s needs and priorities
• Greets and assigns packers to their positions for the day, and gets line operational ASAP
• After check-in process is complete, begins working on production floor
• Verifies all necessary information on work orders, distributes work orders, reviews work orders with material handling and quality control teams, and ensures work orders are completed in computer
• Uses WMS to track inventory movements within facility
• Scans in/out workers on WMS, ensures employees return to line from lunch breaks, and monitors and reports on their performance
• Reinforces and ensures compliance with all company and food safety programs, procedures and policies; provides on-floor coaching when necessary
• Follows all GMPs with regard to handling the product and rework
• Ensures all products are produced in compliance with company standards and applicable laws
• Maintains proper housekeeping
• Performs other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• 1 year of warehouse/production experience required
• 1 year of experience in a lead or supervisory role preferred
• Previous customer service experience a plus
• Reliable transportation is required
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general repack reports
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain a good attendance record
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with overtime as needed
• Ability to maintain sensitive information in a confidential and discreet manner
• Ability to utilize computers and other tools to monitor production
• Ability to lift, push, pull, and grasp up to 48 pounds while standing and kneeling
• Ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to complete assigned tasks
• Manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or more limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying down
• Ability to work in wet and cold conditions from 38°F to 50°F
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.