Works under direct supervision performing maintenance and repairs on automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) equipment in a cold storage warehouse environment.
1. Performs basic preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on ASRS pallet handling equipment: high bay cranes, low bay cranes, trolleys, conveyors, elevators, turntables, stretch film wrappers, etc.
2. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
3. Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
4. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
5. Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• One (1) year maintenance experience on ASRS systems or equivalent preferred.
• Understands principles of lubrication, power transmission (i.e., sprockets, chains, belts, drives, clutches), hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Understands electrical safety including arc flash.
• Knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems.
• Understands principles of automation and controls (i.e., controllers, inputs/outputs, sensors, photoeyes, motors).
• Experience using Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedures and devices.
• Experience using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS). Knowledge of SAP PM preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT Responder training is a plus.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.