Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in science-related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a USDA (preferred) or FDA food manufacturing or distribution environment (or equivalent regulatory agency).
• Sound knowledge of relevant food safety legislation, industry best practices, and hazard/risk management principles
• Experience with Export Programs is desirable
• Experience with internal auditing for food safety compliance - ASQ certification a plus (e.g. Certified Quality Auditor, Certified Quality Engineer, HACCP Auditor), or equivalent
• Completed a HACCP training course.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Experience developing, implementing and maintaining SQF (or equivalent) certification and HACCP plans.
• Ability to critically analyze processes and procedures to identify and assess potential food safety hazards, quality and compliance defects.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to negotiate and influence site management in issue resolution.
• Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills.
• Ability to move between changing working environments, and prioritize conflicting demands.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
• Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels
• Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be comfortable in a high volume environment.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Ability to work operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.